CTF Import Plugin
This plugin implements an importer for
Common Trace Format(opens new window) data using babeltrace(opens new window) .
The source code can be found in the plugin's repository(opens new window) .
- Configure a modality reflector (see the Configuration section below)
- Run the modality reflector
import command with the path(s) to your CTF trace
CTF Trace Input
The importer accepts an array of input paths (either positionally at the CLI or in a configuration file)
which constitute a single logical CTF trace.
A logical CTF trace contains one or more physical CTF traces.
A physical CTF trace on the file system is a directory which contains:
- One metadata stream file named metadata.
- One or more data stream files, that is, any file with a name that does not start with . and which is not metadata.
- Optional: One LTTng index directory named index.
The following describes the default mapping between CTF(opens new window) concepts
and Modality's concepts.
See the configuration section for ways to change the default behavior.
- CTF streams are represented as separate Modality timelines
- CTF trace and stream properties are represented as Modality timeline attributes under the
- CTF event common, specific, and packet context fields are represented as Modality event attributes under the
- CTF event field attributes are at the root level
Configuration fields should be placed in a
[plugins.ingest.importers.ctf.metadata] table in
modality-reflector configuration file.
All fields are optional.
Configuration values may also be passed as command line options.
|Use the provided UUID as the run ID instead of generating a random one.|
|Provide a trace UUID for this data import. This UUID will override a UUID contained in the CTF metadata, if any.|
|This is useful for constructing deterministic trace UUIDs which form the timeline IDs.|
|Logging level for libbabeltrace itself, useful for diagnosing import issues. Must be one of |
none. Defaults to
none. See the libbabeltrace documentation(opens new window) for more info.
|Set the name of the trace object, overriding the data's trace name if present. Corresponds to the |
trace-name(opens new window) parameter in babeltrace.
clock-class-offset-ns nanoseconds to the offset of all the clock classes in the data. Can be combined with
clock-class-offset-s. Corresponds to the
clock-class-offset-ns(opens new window) parameter in babeltrace.
clock-class-offset-s seconds to the offset of all the clock classes in the data. Can be combined with
clock-class-offset-ns. Corresponds to the
clock-class-offset-s(opens new window) parameter in babeltrace.
|The metadata file paths of the CTF traces to import.|